When you design for the ‘donut’ it means you factor in both environmental impact as well as social impact. Donut-centered design is an approach based on bestselling author and University Professor (Oxford Univ./ Univ. of Amsterdam) Kate Raworth’s Donut Economics model. First coined by Chris Golias, Sr. User Researcher at Google in 2019, the method builds on Sustainable HCI or Sustainable Interaction Design (Blevis 2007).
By combining sustainability design with inclusive design, we can bring the most urgent priorities to bear in our work. These two focal points are also major areas of innovation and growth. In this workshop live in Amsterdam, Frank Spillers (CEO of Experience Dynamics and UX Inner Circle) will show how AI can be leveraged in framing potential solutions that address the donut.
The Donut-centered design workshop- live in Amsterdam
In this 2-hour evening workshop, we will learn to design equitable sustainability. This workshop is aimed at removing the abstraction of sustainability design and equity and making it concrete and actionable.
- Approaching sustainable design challenges- Donut Design
- Unpacking ‘full system problems’ with the DCD Toolkit
- Merging inclusive design concepts with circular design & prototyping: applied project
- How AI can help solve sustainability design problems
- Managing and mainstreaming Donut-centered design
Finally, please bring your laptop to this event!
- Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences/ Digital Society School
- Wibautstraat 2-4 / 1091 GM Amsterdam (Location directions)
- Come to the First floor