3 hours-(group activities, 1:1 access to Frank Spillers)
June 25th, 2021, at 4:00 PM UTC; 8:30 PM IST; 8:00 AM PDT; 11:00 AM EDT
Inclusive Design celebrates universal access by deliberately adjusting and adapting to the needs of underrepresented communities and users. However, to do inclusion right, it needs to be default in your design and development process. It needs to be automatic and not a sideline effort or something the DEI (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion) team handles or champions.
In this workshop, Frank Spillers will cover the following topics:
- Why Inclusive Design? Establishing the business case.
- How to conduct an Inclusive Design audit.
- How and why to reach underrepresented user groups: people of color, women, disability, LGBTQ+, aging, socio-economic status and more.
- Accessibility and Universal Access: principles and lessons from AA to AAA.
- Designing for user values with value-sensitive design & ethically aligned design.
- Inclusion in UX Design core tasks & activities.
- Leveraging Participatory Design for stakeholder inclusion.
- Reworking product and service development and design process toward inclusion as default.
About UX Inner Circle Workshops:
These workshops are live events with an informal presentation by Frank Spillers and group activities and discussions, with a more hands-on experience to learning the material presented. Online workshops are included as part of your UX Inner Circle membership. They allow a deep study of UX topics, with insights drawn from process best practices and case studies from Frank Spillers two decades in the field.
VALUE of $100…join the UX Inner Circle to get this and enjoy access to $10,385 worth of value- recording trainings from 20 years of Frank Spillers’s work.
FREE FOR INNER CIRCLE MEMBERS
Want to access the MasterClass? Join now starting at USD $49 Nonprofit-Student-Emerging Market/ $99 Individual/$349 Team of 4