Improv skills for UX workshop
JANUARY 12th 8:00AM PDT; 11:00AM EDT; 4:00PM GMT; 5:00PM CET
- $100 for two recordings…
- Buy this course: Attend it live or get the recording. Plus, get the Improv for UX masterclass recording for only $100 total USD:
- Free for UX Inner Circle Members–Join now, cancel anytime
Why improv skills for UX?
Improvisation or “improv” offers a set of communication and collaboration techniques that can supercharge your UX and Service Design efforts. Using improv can bring improve UX deliverables and stakeholder communication to life.
In a past workshop on Product-Service prototyping in the UX Inner Circle, we stumbled upon the use of improv to bring personas to life. In this unscripted activity, participants brought the pain and drama of research-based personas to the prototyping workshop. The result was hilarious and powerful. This workshop buildsthis essential skill.
What we will cover in Improv for UX:
In this workshop, you will learn how Improv can make a difference in your communication and collaboration. Why?
- It is a good super ‘soft skill’ to learn: It boosts creativity, communication, and collaboration skills. Plus, it’s well-researched (See Elizabeth Gerber at Stanford) and central to a Human-Centered AI future.
- Improv is used regularly in VR design and Service Design prototyping, where intangible value might be more difficult to understand ‘on paper’.
In this workshop, we will use an Improv for UX Toolkit to explore:
- How Improv can improve your influence over stakeholders and work with diverse teams.
- How Improv can improve your exploration of context of use and understanding behavior and motivations from Personas.
- How Improv can help you get better results from using and creating AI-enabled solutions.
More topics we will cover in this Workshop:
- Boost stakeholder engagement and communication through improvisation.
- Break down barriers and foster open dialogue with clients and team members.
- How to create richer, more empathetic personas through improvisational role-playing.
- Generate innovative design ideas on the fly.
- How to “out-improvise” your generative AI work.
About UX Inner Circle Workshops:
These workshops are live events with an informal presentation by Frank Spillers and group activities and discussions, with a more hands-on experience to learning the material presented. Online workshops are included as part of your UX Inner Circle membership. They allow a deep study of UX topics, with insights drawn from process best practices and case studies from Frank Spillers two decades in the field.
Not a member? $100
Buy this course: Attend it live or get the recording. Plus, get the Improv for UX masterclass recording for only $100 total USD:
Members: FREE…join the UX Inner Circle to get this and enjoy access to $10,385 worth of value- recording trainings from 20 years of Frank Spillers’ work.
The UX Inner Circle is a professional learning community with a program of monthly events for UX researchers and designers, managers, and directors practicing UX and Service Design. We are a small group of 50+ UX and Service Designers, Directors, and Researchers currently 100% working in UX. Attendees come from orgs like Harvard, Google, IBM, Accenture, Deloitte, Capital One, US Bank, healthcare, government, and non-profits. So why join?
- Refine or expand your current skills– push the boundaries of your learning.
- Get advice and guidance: Put a top-performing UX expert (Frank Spillers, CEO of award-winning UX firm Experience Dynamics and top instructor at Interaction Design Foundation) in your pocket. Stay connected with the latest on what Frank is thinking and prioritizing in UX and Service Design.
- Ask anything to other UXIC colleagues on a dedicated private Slack channel. Also, collaborate during monthly meet-ups (Masterclasses).
- Get a promotion at work or upgrade your skills, portfolio, or process knowledge. This is the #1 reason folks keep subscribing to the UX Inner Circle.
Ready to Join the UXIC?
Membership includes access to ALL monthly event recordings and more (going back 20 years of Frank’s UX career). 150+ recordings. Monthly live meet-ups (Masterclass topics) and workshops (every other month). Miniclasses (short webinars) and access to longer webinars Frank provides with his UX firm Experience Dynamics.
Financial inclusiveness membership: USD$49 per month for Nonprofit-Student- or you live in the Global South/ Emerging Market (.org; .edu)
Regular membership: USD$99 Individual per month
20% discount on Annual Price; switch anytime, cancel anytime.
Review the Pricing Options
***THIS EVENT IS FREE WITH UX INNER CIRCLE MEMBERSHIP***