Understanding the Role of Intangible value in Service Design
AUGUST 10th 8:00AM PDT; 11:00AM EDT; 4:00 PM BST; 5:00PM CET 8:30 PM IST
30 minutes (brief overview, brief activity, Q&A)
Agenda: Intangible value in Service Design
Intangible value is central to understanding the business case and the practice of Service Design. Services themselves are often intangible. For example, a UX project specifies a mobile app (tangible). In contrast to a Service Design project that avoids specifying solutions until a systems-level view across channels involving the front-stage customer experience, employee experience, and backstage ecosystem is fully understood. The result might include a mobile app or it might be the changing of a business rule or adjusting employee behaviors (intangible).
Intangibles are vital ROI-generators that are often not visible, difficult to anticipate, and tricky to measure. Yet services and products offering intangible value offer powerful downstream effects to the business. They sometimes are the most important aspect of a service or product experience. In this category are emotional value, greater equity, or better decision-making by a product-service delivery team.
This Miniclass will introduce you to this important background effect involved in playing a vital business role in Service Design creation and measurement.
Topics we will cover in the Miniclass:
- Defining intangible value: examples
- How to represent intangible value to the business and the customer
- Measuring and justifying intangibles
A brief, but deep-dive into a topic, led by Frank Spillers. The sessions provide an orientation to key points on a topic. The sessions are FREE to members of the UX Inner Circle.
Not a member? $10 (30 min plus recording). VALUE of $49.
Members: FREE…join the UX Inner Circle to get this and enjoy access to $10,385 worth of value- recording trainings from 20 years of Frank Spillers’ work.
The UX Inner Circle is a professional learning community with a program of monthly events for UX researchers and designers, managers, and directors practicing UX and Service Design. We are a small group of currently 50 UX and Service Designers, Directors, and Researchers currently 100% working in UX. Attendees come from orgs like Harvard, Google, IBM, Accenture, Deloitte, Capital One, US Bank, healthcare, government, and non-profits. So why join?
- Refine or expand your current skills– push the boundaries of your learning.
- Get advice and guidance: Put a top-performing UX expert (Frank Spillers, CEO of award-winning UX firm Experience Dynamics and top instructor at Interaction Design Foundation) in your pocket. Stay connected with the latest on what Frank is thinking and prioritizing in UX and Service Design.
- Ask anything to other UXIC colleagues on a dedicated private Slack channel. Also, collaborate during monthly meet-ups (Masterclasses).
- Get a promotion at work or upgrade your skills, portfolio, or process knowledge. This is the #1 reason folks keep subscribing to the UX Inner Circle.
Ready to Join the UXIC?
Membership includes access to ALL monthly event recordings and more (going back 20 years of Frank’s UX career). 150+ recordings. Monthly live meet-ups (Masterclass topics) and workshops (every other month). Miniclasses (short webinars) and access to longer webinars Frank provides with his UX firm Experience Dynamics.
Financial inclusiveness membership: USD$49 per month for Nonprofit-Student- or you live in the Global South/ Emerging Market (.org; .edu)
Regular membership: USD$99 Individual per month
20% discount on Annual Price; switch anytime, cancel anytime.
***THIS EVENT IS FREE WITH UX INNER CIRCLE MEMBERSHIP***