Conducting holistic UX heuristic evaluations workshop
part 1: MAY 10TH 8:00AM PDT; 11:00AM EDT; 4:00 PM GMT (BST); 8:30 PM IST
part 2: MAY 17TH 10:00AM PDT; 1:00PM EDT; 6:00 PM GMT (BST); 10:30 PM IST
1 hour per session (2 hrs total)
- Cost: Buy this course and attend it live or get the recording for only $100** USD:
- Free for UX Inner Circle Members–Join now, cancel anytime
How to conduct Heuristic Evaluations workshop
First, a heuristic evaluation is a design review conducted by User Experience experts. The point is to detect design issues before a design is released or to improve it if already live. Heuristic means ‘rule of thumb’, which indicates what might be a problem to be verified with user testing (and observation). This workshop focuses on how to conduct heuristic evaluations with a 21st-century reality check.
What does a holistic heuristic evaluation mean?
Next, heuristic evaluations for Websites almost always reference the early pre-Web heuristics developed in 1990 by Jakob Nielsen and Ralph Molich (referred to as Nielsen’s heuristics). While these are a good starting point, there are more heuristic sets you ought to know about and leverage. Nielsen’s are a starting point, and there are more sets we will work with during this workshop.
So what’s holistic about this workshop?
In addition to the fact that there are many more heuristic checklists you should be aware of and use in your expert reviews, there is an urgent need to bring these UX heuristics into the 21st century. Specifically, we need more emphasis on context of use, harm reduction, and sustainability. This means we need to apply heuristics to technologies that are already mature or maturing including mobile, AR, VR and AI specifically.
In this workshop, we will evaluate designs using ‘holisitic’ heuristics refined for Websites, Web applications, mobile, AI, and Augmented Reality as well as Omnichannel experiences.
Topics we will cover:
- How to conduct Heuristic Evaluations- by the book (research-based), hint: most people don’t follow the actual guidelines.
- How to document and communicate heuristic findings without being a jerk
- Pitfalls of Heuristic Evaluations and how to correct them
- Using a super-checklist of heuristics that is more inclusive of all known rules of thumb
- Evaluating for current business problems (VR/AR, AI, Inclusive Design, Accessibility, Sustainability and more)
About UX Inner Circle Workshops:
These workshops are live events with an informal presentation by Frank Spillers and group activities and discussions, with a more hands-on experience to learning the material presented. Online workshops are included as part of your UX Inner Circle membership. They allow a deep study of UX topics, with insights drawn from process best practices and case studies from Frank Spillers two decades in the field.
Not a member? $100
Members: FREE…join the UX Inner Circle to get this and enjoy access to $10,385 worth of value- recording trainings from 20 years of Frank Spillers’ work.
Buy this course and get recording for only $100** USD:
The UX Inner Circle is a professional learning community with a program of monthly events for UX researchers and designers, managers, and directors practicing UX and Service Design. We are a small group of currently 50 UX and Service Designers, Directors, and Researchers currently 100% working in UX. Attendees come from orgs like Harvard, Google, IBM, Accenture, Deloitte, Capital One, US Bank, healthcare, government, and non-profits. So why join?
- Refine or expand your current skills– push the boundaries of your learning.
- Get advice and guidance: Put a top-performing UX expert (Frank Spillers, CEO of award-winning UX firm Experience Dynamics and top instructor at Interaction Design Foundation) in your pocket. Stay connected with the latest on what Frank is thinking and prioritizing in UX and Service Design.
- Ask anything to other UXIC colleagues on a dedicated private Slack channel. Also, collaborate during monthly meet-ups (Masterclasses).
- Get a promotion at work or upgrade your skills, portfolio, or process knowledge. This is the #1 reason folks keep subscribing to the UX Inner Circle.
Ready to Join the UXIC?
30- Day Free Trial (billing starts month 2)
Membership includes access to ALL monthly event recordings and more (going back 20 years of Frank’s UX career). 150+ recordings. Monthly live meet-ups (Masterclass topics) and workshops (every other month). Miniclasses (short webinars) and access to longer webinars Frank provides with his UX firm Experience Dynamics.
Financial inclusiveness membership: USD$49 per month for Nonprofit-Student- or you live in the Global South/ Emerging Market (.org; .edu)
Regular membership: USD$99 Individual per month
20% discount on Annual Price; switch anytime, cancel anytime.
***THIS EVENT IS FREE WITH UX INNER CIRCLE MEMBERSHIP***
|Date:||10 May 2023|
|Check Your Timezone|