Join Frank Spillers for this 3D UX Design workshop
3D UX Design is an online workshop is aimed at learning the essentials of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality usability and applying them to a variety of real-world scenarios. This is especially important with the new priority lens COVID-19 has created, pointing to a need for strong AR/VR tools that solve critical problems. Whether you are working with so-called “XR” experiences (AR/VR or Mixed Reality), it is crucial that you apply meaningful 3D Interaction Design techniques to the creation of powerfully immersive and semi-immersive experiences.
DATE/TIME: 29 September and 30th September 2020
This course is based on Frank Spillers 25 years of experience in UX and 3D. Designing for 3D is a workshop aimed at designers, developers, and content creators that want a grounded methodology for designing emotionally compelling and differentiated user experience in VR/AR. Innovators, R&D teams, and immersive content creators will benefit from this workshop.
Designing for VR and AR- topics the workshop covers
- 3D Interaction Design for Movement, Gesture, Gaze, Speech, Sound
- 5 Strategies for designing presence and immersion
- Emotion Design: narrative and spatial interaction
- Usability of 3D Navigation, Menus, and techniques for moving experiences/ narratives forward
- Using 3D Personas in design
- 2D to 3D UX Design: Issues and considerations in Spatialized UI Design
- Designing affordances in VR/AR
- Storytelling for Immersive media
- Leveraging storytelling in consumer vs B2B experiences
- Rapid Prototyping for spatial UI’s
- Imagineering techniques for VR
- User testing in VR/AR
- Testing and measuring presence
- Social VR/AR: issues, guidelines, and heuristics
***Cost: $100 or FREE TO UX Inner Circle members***
The UX Inner Circle is a professional learning community with a program of monthly events for UX researchers and designers, managers, and directors practicing UX and Service Design. We are a small group of currently 50 UX and Service Designers, Directors, and Researchers currently 100% working in UX. Attendees come from orgs like Harvard, Google, IBM, Accenture, Deloitte, Capital One, US Bank, healthcare, government, and non-profits. So why join?
- Refine or expand your current skills– push the boundaries of your learning.
- Get advice and guidance: Put a top-performing UX expert (Frank Spillers, CEO of award-winning UX firm Experience Dynamics and top instructor at Interaction Design Foundation) in your pocket. Stay connected with the latest on what Frank is thinking and prioritizing in UX and Service Design.
- Ask anything to other UXIC colleagues on a dedicated private Slack channel. Also, collaborate during monthly meet-ups (Masterclasses).
- Get a promotion at work or upgrade your skills, portfolio, or process knowledge. This is the #1 reason folks keep subscribing to the UX Inner Circle.
Ready to Join the UXIC?
Membership includes access to ALL monthly event recordings and more (going back 20 years of Frank’s UX career). 150+ recordings. Monthly live meet-ups (Masterclass topics) and workshops (every other month). Miniclasses (short webinars) and access to longer webinars Frank provides with his UX firm Experience Dynamics.
Financial inclusiveness membership: USD$49 per month for Nonprofit-Student- or you live in the Global South/ Emerging Market (.org; .edu)
Regular membership: USD$99 Individual per month
20% discount on Annual Price; switch anytime, cancel anytime.
***THIS EVENT IS FREE WITH UX INNER CIRCLE MEMBERSHIP***