3D UX Design workshop- how to design engaging and immersive experiences
6 hours- over two days (handouts, group activities, 1:1 access to Frank Spillers)
DATE/TIME: 29 September and 30th September 2020
3:00 PM UTC; 8:30 PM IST; 7:00 AM PST;10:00 AM EST
Overview video (NEW VIDEO): 3D Design Workshop
- 3D Interaction Design for Movement, Gesture, Gaze, Speech, Sound
- 5 Strategies for designing presence and immersion
- Emotion Design: narrative and spatial interaction
- Usability of 3D Navigation, Menus, and techniques for moving experiences/ narratives forward
- Using 3D Personas in design
- 2D to 3D UX Design: Issues and considerations in Spatialized UI Design
- Designing affordances in VR/AR
- Storytelling for Immersive media
- Leveraging storytelling in consumer vs B2B experiences
- Rapid Prototyping for spatial UI’s
- Imagineering techniques for VR
- User testing in VR/AR
- Testing and measuring presence
- Social VR/AR: issues, guidelines, and heuristics
- Check out this Video discussing the importance of storytelling for VR/AR
Note: This will be a Zoom session over 2 days.
Cost: VALUE of $649 (DISCOUNT PRICE: $399)
Your cost: FREE TO INNER CIRCLE MEMBERS
About this online workshop:
- 3D UX Design is an online workshop is aimed at learning the essentials of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality usability and applying them to a variety of real-world scenarios. This is especially important with the new priority lens COVID-19 has created, pointing to a need for strong AR/VR tools that solve critical problems. Whether you are working with so-called “XR” experiences (AR/VR or Mixed Reality), it is crucial that you apply meaningful 3D Interaction Design techniques to the creation of powerfully immersive and semi-immersive experiences.
- This course is based on Frank Spillers 25 years of experience in UX and 3D. It promises to be a fun and “changing the way you look at life” online workshop (past participant comment).
- This course is aimed at designers, developers, and content creators that want a grounded methodology for designing emotionally compelling and differentiated user experience in VR/AR. Innovators, R&D teams, and immersive content creators will benefit from this bootcamp.