Workshop- Designing Your Life: Avoid burnout and bring calm to your day (for designers and managers)
JULY 7th 8:00AM PDT; 11:00AM EDT; 4:00 PM BST; 6:00PM CEST; 9:30 PM IST
Cost: $19.99 (80% discount, value of $99). Money-back guarantee.
Agenda: Designing your life
“60% of managers saying the pandemic has hurt their mental health and 40% saying they are now prioritizing their mental health over their career” (LinkedIn news 9 March 2022).
This workshop follows the mantra from TED founder Richard Saul Wurman who once said, ‘Designing your life is the most difficult problem of them all’.
Today, you need to be totally resilient and adaptable, while staying creative. Yet the world we live in throws up obstacles including daily challenges to our attention and stress. Managers and designers who work cross-functionally can feel it most. Even success can be a challenge to remaining fresh and open to new information and ideas.
As UX Designers know, good journeys don’t just happen, they are meticulously designed and tested before confidence is felt. This workshop will show you how to apply User Experience and Service Design processes, mindsets, and tools to your life at work and in today’s work-at-home mode. The research-based tools and techniques you will learn have been tried and tested by Frank Spillers, founder of leading UX firm Experience Dynamics, and come from his personal experience.
- Assessing your life design destination (the heuristic evaluation of where you are).
- Defining your life journey map (3 essential journeys you need to map).
- Designing a new control panel of the mind (a new UI for motivation and more).
- Strategies for resilience and momentum (quick meditation and more).
- Dealing with distractions and guarding your focus.
About UX Inner Circle Workshops:
These workshops are live events with an informal presentation by Frank Spillers and group activities and discussions, with a more hands-on experience to learning the material presented. Online workshops are included as part of your UX Inner Circle membership. They allow a deep study of UX topics, with insights drawn from process best practices and case studies from Frank Spillers two decades in the field.
Not a member? $100 (3 hrs plus recording). VALUE of $399.
Members: FREE…join the UX Inner Circle to get this and enjoy access to $10,385 worth of value- recording trainings from 20 years of Frank Spillers’ work.
The UX Inner Circle is a professional learning community with a program of monthly events for UX researchers and designers, managers, and directors practicing UX and Service Design. We are a small group of currently 50 UX and Service Designers, Directors, and Researchers currently 100% working in UX. Attendees come from orgs like Harvard, Google, IBM, Accenture, Deloitte, Capital One, US Bank, healthcare, government, and non-profits. So why join?
- Refine or expand your current skills– push the boundaries of your learning.
- Get advice and guidance: Put a top-performing UX expert (Frank Spillers, CEO of award-winning UX firm Experience Dynamics and top instructor at Interaction Design Foundation) in your pocket. Stay connected with the latest on what Frank is thinking and prioritizing in UX and Service Design.
- Ask anything to other UXIC colleagues on a dedicated private Slack channel. Also, collaborate during monthly meet-ups (Masterclasses).
- Get a promotion at work or upgrade your skills, portfolio, or process knowledge. This is the #1 reason folks keep subscribing to the UX Inner Circle.
Ready to Join the UXIC?
Membership includes access to ALL monthly event recordings and more (going back 20 years of Frank’s UX career). 150+ recordings. Monthly live meet-ups (Masterclass topics) and workshops (every other month). Miniclasses (short webinars) and access to longer webinars Frank provides with his UX firm Experience Dynamics.
Financial inclusiveness membership: USD$49 per month for Nonprofit-Student- or you live in the Global South/ Emerging Market (.org; .edu)
Regular membership: USD$99 Individual per month
20% discount on Annual Price; switch anytime, cancel anytime.
***THIS EVENT IS FREE WITH UX INNER CIRCLE MEMBERSHIP***