Managing Stakeholders in UX Masterclass
DECEMBER 19th 8:00AM PDT; 11:00AM EDT; 4:00PM GMT; 5:00PM CET
- Cost: Buy this course and attend it live or get the recording for only $100** USD:
- Free for UX Inner Circle Members–Join now, cancel anytime
UX impact follows stakeholder management
How well you manage stakeholder expectations in UX directly influences the success of your project. By prioritizing the needs and expectations of various stakeholders, including clients, users, and internal teams, UX professionals can align project goals with business objectives and user requirements. When stakeholders are appropriately managed, the resulting collaborative environment fosters a sense of ownership and commitment, leading to better outcomes– and more robust user advocacy.
Why this matters: Internal stakeholders and senior managers can crush a UX or Service Design effort. Worse, if they do not deeply understand UX and Service Design value, they can create cultural patterns that reverses UX gains. An example is having UX focus on Visual Design or primarily supporting technical delivery.
Good design decision-making needs stakeholder management.
Collaboration practices that align stakeholders with UX teams is critical. UX is fundamentally cross-functional and multi-disciplinary. UX requires lots of collaboration.
Good design decision-making relies on effectively managing and including stakeholders. Why? To ensure that their diverse needs and perspectives are considered and integrated into the design process. By engaging stakeholders, UX teams can get better traction and alignment. How? With stakeholder input, you are more likely to de-risk political damage aka stakeholder sabotage. The more you have a process for stakeholders, the more opportunity to socialize them to user advocacy, which is key to UX health and maturity.
Topics we will cover in this Masterclass:
- Defining stakeholders & stakeholder personas
- Identifying stakeholder engagement guidelines and boundaries
- Mapping stakeholder influence
- Biggest stakeholder problems and confusion
- Tactics for engaging stakeholders in ‘Team Sport UX‘
- Accelerating UX maturity: how stakeholders can rev UX results
About Monthly MasterClasses:
These monthly meet-ups are topic-driven live events with an informal presentation by Frank Spillers and group activities and discussions. Monthly MasterClasses are included as part of your membership. They allow a deep dive into important UX topics, with insights drawn from process best practices and case studies from Frank’s two decades in the field.
Not a member? $100
Members: FREE…join the UX Inner Circle to get this and enjoy access to $10,385 worth of value-recording trainings from 20 years of Frank Spillers’ work.
Buy this Managing Stakeholders in UX Masterclass and get it live + the recording for only $100** USD:
The UX Inner Circle is a professional learning community with a program of monthly events for UX researchers and designers, managers, and directors practicing UX and Service Design. We are a small group of 50+ UX and Service Designers, Directors, and Researchers currently 100% working in UX. Attendees come from orgs like Harvard, Google, IBM, Accenture, Deloitte, Capital One, US Bank, healthcare, government, and non-profits. So why join?
- Refine or expand your current skills– push the boundaries of your learning.
- Get advice and guidance: Put a top-performing UX expert (Frank Spillers, CEO of award-winning UX firm Experience Dynamics and top instructor at Interaction Design Foundation) in your pocket. Stay connected with the latest on what Frank is thinking and prioritizing in UX and Service Design.
- Ask anything to other UXIC colleagues on a dedicated private Slack channel. Also, collaborate during monthly meet-ups (Masterclasses).
- Get a promotion at work or upgrade your skills, portfolio, or process knowledge. This is the #1 reason folks keep subscribing to the UX Inner Circle.
Ready to Join the UXIC?
Membership includes access to ALL monthly event recordings and more (going back 20 years of Frank’s UX career). 150+ recordings. Monthly live meet-ups (Masterclass topics) and workshops (every other month). Miniclasses (short webinars) and access to longer webinars Frank provides with his UX firm Experience Dynamics.
Financial inclusiveness membership: USD$49 per month for Nonprofit-Student- or you live in the Global South/ Emerging Market (.org; .edu)
Regular membership: USD$99 Individual per month
20% discount on Annual Price; switch anytime, cancel anytime.
Review the Pricing Options
***THIS EVENT IS FREE WITH UX INNER CIRCLE MEMBERSHIP***