User Recruiting for UX research- Masterclass
DECEMBER 1st 8:00AM PST; 11:00AM EST; 4:00 PM GMT; 9:30 PM IST
- Cost: Buy this User Recruiting course and get it live + the recording for only $100** USD:
- Free for UX Inner Circle Members–Join now, cancel anytime
Agenda- How to recruit users for UX research
User recruiting is at the heart of UX practice. You need users on demand to help you evaluate designs and share their problems you can help solve. User recruiting is an essential and ‘must-have’ process strength for any UX team. Without users, your UX efforts are doomed to Inside-Out design or assuming you know what users need or do with your user interface (UI). Instead, regular user involvement with Field studies and usability testing can lead to better Outside-In design. But how to get users last minute– under tight Agile schedules? This is the dilemma that groups struggle with, whether it’s establishing or building a UX practice or just trying to do more user research to keep your design honest.
Warning- trade secrets in user recruiting will be revealed!
User recruiting seems pretty simple, until you actually do it- or delegate it to someone in your company. Experience Dynamics (Frank Spillers UX consulting firm), has been doing in-house user recruiting since 2005. Since then we have learned about all the ways to do recruiting well, as well as what can go wrong. In this Masterclass, Frank will share the tricks and tactics his consultancy uses every day with Fortune 500 clients.
We will have a special guest visit and extended Q&A from Alison Gavine, Global User Research Director at Experience Dynamics who will share her top tips and best practices for doing expert user recruiting– without the stress. hassle and wasted time.
Topics we will cover in this Masterclass:
- Steps involved in user recruiting
- Screening process and creating a screener
- Weeding out “junk participants”
- Strategies for finding users
- Online intercepts and inviting users online to your study
- Verifying and vetting users
- Recruiting for accessibility tests- users with disabilities
- Inclusive recruiting- bringing equity to your Inclusive design efforts– starting with recruiting
- Developing ResearchOps repeatable capabilities for user recruiting
- Whether you should do it yourself (in house) or outsource
About Monthly MasterClasses:
These monthly meet-ups are topic-driven live events with an informal presentation by Frank Spillers and group activities and discussions. Monthly MasterClasses are included as part of your membership. They allow a deep dive into important UX topics, with insights drawn from process best practices and case studies from Frank’s two decades in the field.
Not a member? $100
Members: FREE…join the UX Inner Circle to get this and enjoy access to $10,385 worth of value- recording trainings from 20 years of Frank Spillers’ work.
Buy this User Recruiting course and get it live + the recording for only $100** USD:
The UX Inner Circle is a professional learning community with a program of monthly events for UX researchers and designers, managers, and directors practicing UX and Service Design. We are a small group of 50+ UX and Service Designers, Directors, and Researchers currently 100% working in UX. Attendees come from orgs like Harvard, Google, IBM, Accenture, Deloitte, Capital One, US Bank, healthcare, government, and non-profits. So why join?
- Refine or expand your current skills– push the boundaries of your learning.
- Get advice and guidance: Put a top-performing UX expert (Frank Spillers, CEO of award-winning UX firm Experience Dynamics and top instructor at Interaction Design Foundation) in your pocket. Stay connected with the latest on what Frank is thinking and prioritizing in UX and Service Design.
- Ask anything to other UXIC colleagues on a dedicated private Slack channel. Also, collaborate during monthly meet-ups (Masterclasses).
- Get a promotion at work or upgrade your skills, portfolio, or process knowledge. This is the #1 reason folks keep subscribing to the UX Inner Circle.
Ready to Join the UXIC?
Membership includes access to ALL monthly event recordings and more (going back 20 years of Frank’s UX career). 150+ recordings. Monthly live meet-ups (Masterclass topics) and workshops (every other month). Miniclasses (short webinars) and access to longer webinars Frank provides with his UX firm Experience Dynamics.
Financial inclusiveness membership: USD$49 per month for Nonprofit-Student- or you live in the Global South/ Emerging Market (.org; .edu)
Regular membership: USD$99 Individual per month
20% discount on Annual Price; switch anytime, cancel anytime.
***THIS EVENT IS FREE WITH UX INNER CIRCLE MEMBERSHIP***