How to conduct Ethnographic Interviews workshop
APRIL 12th 1 hour (8:00AM PST; 11:00PM EST; 4:00PM BST; 5:00 PM CET; 8:30 PM IST)
APRIL 19th 1 hour (10:00AM PST; 1:00PM EST; 6:00PM BST; 7:00 PM CEST; 11:30 PM IST)
APRIL 26th 1 hour (10:00AM PST; 1:00PM EST; 6:00PM BST; 7:00 PM CEST; 11:30 PM IST)
3 hrs total
- Cost: Buy this course and attend live or get the recording for only $100** USD:
- Free for UX Inner Circle Members–Apply to Join now, cancel anytime
Conduct Ethnographic Interviews
Knowing how to conduct Ethnographic Interviews is critical to performing UX research. Due to the time constraints of users and your Product or Development team, it’s a skill designers, researchers, and many Product Managers need to master. Rapid Ethnography aims to quickly understand and uncover important aspects of product-service interaction, including when/where/how, and why users approach problem-solving. As an important UX Research method, Rapid Ethnography is a way quickly learn about your user’s ‘problem space‘– the context and conditions where they perform tasks and goals relevant to your design or feature priorities. The Ethnographic Interview helps you conversationally ask questions that shed light on how users use your product-service. In this workshop, Frank Spillers will take you through proven tactics and strategies he uses every day in his consulting practice. He will cover best practices, the latest in the UX field, his hacks and shortcuts, and secrets he uses to immerse himself in a user’s world.
The focus of this workshop is on gaining the core skills for Rapid Ethnography. By the end, you will be able to conduct an ethnographic interview easily.
Topics we will cover:
- What is the right sample size for Ethnography?
- How does Ethnography compare to other methods?
- Being a better interviewer: being bias-informed
- Online interviewing pitfalls and how to correct them
- What role do Ethnographic interviews play in product or service research?
- Doing it wrong: how to avoid these classic mistakes
- Getting quality data from 15-minute, 30-minute, 60-minute, 90-minute or longer interviews
About UX Inner Circle Workshops:
These workshops are live events with an informal presentation by Frank Spillers and group activities and discussions, with a more hands-on experience to learning the material presented. Online workshops are included as part of your UX Inner Circle membership. They allow a deep study of UX topics, with insights drawn from process best practices and case studies from Frank Spillers two decades in the field.
Not a member? $100
Members: FREE…join the UX Inner Circle to get this and enjoy access to $10,385 worth of value- recording trainings from 20 years of Frank Spillers’ work.
Buy this course and get recording for only $100** USD:
The UX Inner Circle is a professional learning community with a program of monthly events for UX researchers and designers, managers, and directors practicing UX and Service Design. We are a small group of currently 50 UX and Service Designers, Directors, and Researchers currently 100% working in UX. Attendees come from orgs like Harvard, Google, IBM, Accenture, Deloitte, Capital One, US Bank, healthcare, government, and non-profits. So why join?
- Refine or expand your current skills– push the boundaries of your learning.
- Get advice and guidance: Put a top-performing UX expert (Frank Spillers, CEO of award-winning UX firm Experience Dynamics and top instructor at Interaction Design Foundation) in your pocket. Stay connected with the latest on what Frank is thinking and prioritizing in UX and Service Design.
- Ask anything to other UXIC colleagues on a dedicated private Slack channel. Also, collaborate during monthly meet-ups (Masterclasses).
- Get a promotion at work or upgrade your skills, portfolio, or process knowledge. This is the #1 reason folks keep subscribing to the UX Inner Circle.
Ready to Join the UXIC?
Membership includes access to ALL monthly event recordings and more (going back 20 years of Frank’s UX career). 150+ recordings. Monthly live meet-ups (Masterclass topics) and workshops (every other month). Miniclasses (short webinars) and access to longer webinars Frank provides with his UX firm Experience Dynamics.
Financial inclusiveness membership: USD$49 per month for Nonprofit-Student- or you live in the Global South/ Emerging Market (.org; .edu)
Regular membership: USD$99 Individual per month
20% discount on Annual Price; switch anytime, cancel anytime.
***THIS EVENT IS FREE WITH UX INNER CIRCLE MEMBERSHIP***